The President has extended until April 2014, the following operations; The employment of Eight Hundred and Fifty (850) South African National Defence Force (SANDF) personnel in Darfur, Sudan, for service in fulfilment of the international obligations of the Republic of South Africa towards the African Union (AU) and United Nations (UN).
What does SANDF stand for?
SANDF stands for South African National Defence Force
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Sweet Auburn Neighborhood District (Atlanta, GA)
- Source And/Or Agency
- Sandia Airborne Computer
- San Diego Association of Governments
- San Diego Area Law Libraries (San Diego, CA)
- South Australian Network of Drug and Alcohol Services
- Southern Africa Newcastle Disease Control Project
- South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics (Kathmandu, Nepal)
- Department of Water and Sanitation in Developing Countries (EAWAG)
- Simulated Annealing with Nmr (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance)-Derived Energy Restraints
- Sound Advantage Natural Dialog Interface
- San Diego Organization for Cancer Control
- San Diego Metropolitan Area Network (US Navy)
- Sensory Ataxic Neuropathy, Dysarthria, and Ophthalmoparesis
- System Analysis Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant
- Sécrétariat National des Données Relatives à l'Eau (French: National Data Reference Centre for Water)
- Santé, Développement Durable, Information, Environnement (French: Health, Sustainable Development, Information, Environment; Institute of Preventive Medicine; Belgium)
- South Asia Network on Dams, Rivers and People (India)
- Shoreline and Nearshore Data System (GIS/monitoring database)
- Standard Analog To Digital System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Do you think we would take the South African National Defence Force, send them out to go and defend or protect what belongs to individuals?
JOHANNESBURG (CyHAN)- South Africa has authorized a total of 400 South African National Defence Force (SANDF) personnel to the Central African Republic (CAR).
Even senior members of the South African National Defence Force thought that such expenditure was absurd.
But some teams, especially on some days on matches, you'll find (a) special task force not only of the South African police, but also of the South African National Defence Force," Cele said.
In the 11 chapters, they discuss the response of the South African National Defence Force, the impact of HIV/AIDS in prison and the military, the social history of the disease in the country, children orphaned by AIDS, the right of access to treatment, grass roots activists in the country, prevalence among educators, and the disease in poor rural households.
The South African Security Forces Union (SASFU) is accusing the South African National Defence Force (SANDF) of discriminating against HIV-infected people by refusing them employment, promotion or deployment to foreign posts.
What is nevertheless evident is, firstly, an increasing emphasis of African strategic imperatives and resultant proactive initiatives pertaining to peace support operations and the corresponding realignment of armed forces and arms procurement; secondly, the strategic repositioning of the South African National Defence Force in accordance with revised defence legislation and a future orientated military strategy; thirdly, the emergence of more specific official views regarding positive intelligence; and, finally, the further development of official views on contemporary challenges and emerging security issues.