The number of white farm owners in South Africa is about 30,000, according to the South African Institute of Race Relations -- down from twice that number 10 years ago, but still 75 percent of the national total.
What does SAIRR stand for?
SAIRR stands for South African Institute of Race Relations
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of SAIRR in our Acronym Attic
- Special Aeronautical Information Request
- Special Air Information Request
- Supervisor's Accident Investigation Report
- Sinus Automaticity in the Isolated Right Atrium
- Schulman Associates Institutional Review Board
- South Asia Inter-Religious Council
- South Australian Industrial Relations Court
- South African Industrial Relations Directory
- Supreme Assembly of the Islamic Revolution in Iraq
- Student Affairs Information and Research Office
- San Antonio Immunization Registry System (Texas)
- Standardized Advanced Infrared System
- Système Automatisé d'Information sur la Recherche en Santé (Automated Health Research Information System)
- Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (Johns Hopkins University)
- School of Advanced International Studies
- Science & Application Information System
- Secretary of the Army, Information Systems
- Services Agency Information System
- Shanghai Automotive Information Systems Co, Ltd (Shanghai, China)
- Simple As It Seems (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the South African Institute of Race Relations, the country has an estimated three to five million undocumented African immigrants in a population of 47m, and those on the outside looking in are anticipating an easier crossing when visa-free entry and other tourism border-crossing formalities are relaxed for the Cup.
In the same year, he began teaching in the philosophy department of the University of Witwatersrand and also became a member of the executive council of the South African Institute of Race Relations, serving with the Zulu Chief Luthuli and Oliver Tambo, who later headed the ANC.
One of these is the Mineworkers' Union, which has repeatedly challenged the interpretation of affirmative action laws; another is the conservative South African Institute of Race Relations, which supports more restrained and limited approaches to redressing past racial inequalities.
Frans Cronje of the South African Institute of Race Relations warned that after 15 years of democracy, voters would be taking a more critical look at the party that led the struggle against apartheid.
Last year the South African Institute of Race Relations reported that most of the country's 48 million people have grown poorer under Mbeki.
The South African Institute of Race Relations, in calling for the Bill to be withdrawn -- which aimed to allow for expropriation in "the public interest" -- said it was a "draconian measure" which would unsettle the property rights of all South Africans.
The short term priority appears to be to ensure that Zuma gets into power in 2009 and they seem to think that the courts are an expendable casualty in that battle," said Frans Cronje, deputy chief executive of the South African Institute of Race Relations, a Johannesburg-based thinktank.