264, JPEG and WMV - 8-bit video-input port supporting YUV4:2:2, CCIR656 and CMOS sensors up to 5MP - Sound processing unit with dual 24-bit MAC DSP, 160KB program and 264KB data RAM - High-speed (480MBit) USB 2.
What does SPU stand for?
SPU stands for Sound Processing Unit
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SPU
We have 95 other meanings of SPU in our Acronym Attic
- Simulator Processor Unit
- Single Package Unit
- Socialist Party of Ukraine
- Sociedad Peruana de Urología
- Society for Pediatric Urology
- Socket Power Unit
- Solar Panel Unit
- Solids Processing Unit
- Somos un Pueblo Unido (Spanish: We Are a United Town; New Mexico)
- Sound Pick-Up
- Southern Polytechnic University
- Southern Polytechnic University (Georgia)
- Soybean Processing and Utilization Project (India)
- Special Planning Unit
- Special Police Unit
- Special Projects Unit (various organizations)
- Special Protection Unit (various locations)
- Special Purpose Unit
- Specialist, Utility (US Navy)
- Split, Croatia (Airport Code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The new SoCs also incorporate Renesas Electronics' second-generation sound processing unit (SPU), which is a 24-bit audio processing engine.
The ImaginAuthor Engine supports the following features: interactive playback of multiple MPEG2 clips from CD/DVD, decoding of MPEG2 video/audio files, seamless real-time integration of clips into an interactive movie, application-level control of flow (play, pause, jump, select branch), transfer of video data to the PlayStation 2 Graphics Synthesizer(R) (either directly to frame buffer or as texture data), transfer of audio data to the PlayStation(R)2 Sound Processing Unit, and Internet address links.