org&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=Tribune%20Feed:%20Main%20Feed By Elena Schneider Lawyers for the Sons of Confederate Veterans have filed a motion in a state district court seeking to remove a plaque in the Texas Supreme Court building that the historical group says inadequately honors the Confederacy.
What does SoCV stand for?
SoCV stands for Sons of Confederate Veterans
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of SoCV in our Acronym Attic
- Studenten Overleg Chemische Technologie En Chemie
- Second Order Closure Turbulence Model
- Society of Online Christian Theology and Philosophy
- Scottish Order of Christian Unity (UK)
- Service One Credit Union
- Southern Oil Company Union (Iraq)
- Streator Onized Credit Union (Illinois)
- Syracuse Onondaga County United Fund
- Safeguarding Our Children United Mothers
- Sound Focus
- Stowarzyszenie Organizacji Czasu Wolnego (Polish: Association of Leisure Time)
- South Orange County Water Authority
- Southeastern Oakland County Water Authority (Royal Oak, MI)
- Social Expenditure
- Safe on Deck
- Scepter of Destruction (gaming)
- School of Dentistry
- Science of Design (US NSF)
- Scope of Delivery
- Sean O'Driscoll (British football manager)
Samples in periodicals archive:
And as a proud Member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, I am not going to let their actions destroy the reputation of my ancestors.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Because his grandfather served the Confederacy, Winbush was invited recently to join the Sons of Confederate Veterans, an organisation whose mission is to preserve "the history and legacy of Confederate heroes, so future generations can understand the motives that animated the Southern cause.
He was part of a campaign by the white Southern elite, working through Confederate patriotic societies such as the UDC, the United Confederate Veterans, and the Sons of Confederate Veterans, to make sacred a version of history that justified that elite's political control of the South.
His greatest previous claim to fame was being honoured with the 1994 Sons of Confederate Veterans Award for Bravery after saving two people from a sinking car while at a tournament in North Carolina.
Beauvoir was purchased by the United Sons of Confederate Veterans in 1902 and was given to the State of Mississippi to be used as a home for disabled Confederate veterans, their wives and widows.
Paige Chargois has courageously defended the right of Confederates to publicly commemorate their history and played a pivotal role in reaching out as an African American to the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV).
But Jeff Towery, a Canyon Country resident and state division commander of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, said the 10,000-member international organization and the Sons of the Revolution want the flag returned because thousands of Americans see it as a part of their heritage.