Selection on somatic cell score to improve resistance to mastitis in the United States.
What does SCS stand for?
SCS stands for Somatic Cell Score
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SCS
We have 847 other meanings of SCS in our Acronym Attic
- Society of Cosmetic Scientists
- Sodexho Campus Services (various locations)
- Software and Computing Services
- Software Coding Standard
- Software Configuration Set
- Soil Carbon Sequestration
- Soil Conservation Service
- Solent Composite Systems (UK company)
- Solids Control Services
- Somali Civil Society
- Sonalysts Combat Simulations (gaming)
- Sonar Communication Set
- South China Sea
- South Coast Software
- Southern California Swimming (Santa Barbara, CA)
- Southern Company Services, Inc
- Southern Convention Services, Inc. (Huntsville, AL)
- Southfield Christian School (Southfield, MI)
- Southwest Christian School (Beaverton, OR)
- Southwest Counseling Service (Wyoming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
2007c) showed reduced somatic cell scores in parity 1 and 2 cows and increased somatic cell scores in parity 3 cows with increasing BCS at calving, but clinical mastitis rates were not significantly associated with BCS in that study.
Categories of Traits Included in USDA's Lifetime Merit Index for Dairy Cattle Protein yield Fat yield Milk yield Productive Life (longevity) Somatic cell score (mastitis resistance) Udder conformation Feet/legs conformation Body size Daughter pregnancy rate Calving ability (calving ease and stillbirth rate)