The test was the culmination of months of hard work - including seven written theory exams, at least 45 hours' ' flying training, including 10 hours' ' solo flying, five hours' ' solo cross-country flying and at least one solo flight of not fewer than 150 nautical miles with full-stop landings at two or more different aerodromes.
What does SXC stand for?
SXC stands for Solo Cross-Country (flight shorthand)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of SXC
We have 2 other meanings of SXC in our Acronym Attic
- Soft X-Ray Appearance Potential Spectroscopy
- Simple XML Application Server
- Scenix (PIC clone; basic language source file)
- Strasbourg, France - Entzheim (Airport Code)
- Super Extended Bus (computing)
- SVG’s (Scalable Vector Graphics’) XML (Extensible Markup Language) Binding Language
- Shipborne Expendable Bathythermograph
- Silicon Xtal Corporation (San Jose, CA)
- Simple XML (Extensible Markup Language) Compiler (computing)
- SONET Cross Connect (Cisco)
- Sony Xperia C (mobile phone)
- Sun Xml Calc (OpenOffice.org spreadsheet document)
- Systems Xcellence, Inc.
- Solaris Express Developer Edition
- Source eXtrem of Dragon-Team
- Social Distortion (band)
- Safe Execution Environment (Qtopia software)
- STAF (Software Testing Automation Framework) Execution Engine (computing)
- Stanley, Inc (stock symbol)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The most gratifying thing I have accomplished as a dental hygienist: There are so many, but the most gratifying would have to be a solo cross-country relocation from Chicago to Southern California to accept a career opportunity to serve as a civilian dental hygienist for the United States Navy.
Kinsey spent much of the Roaring Twenties on solo cross-country road trips, collecting over a million insect samples, which he meticulously labeled, mounted, and arranged on pins in wooden cases, 800 to a box, to catalogue the minute variations in specimens taken from different hillsides.
Moriarty said he had about five previous hours of solo flight experience, and was making his first solo cross-country flight from Van Nuys to Santa Ynez to Santa Barbara and back to Van Nuys.