Bostrichids, along with many other wood-boring insects, are often accidentally introduced inside solid wood packing material in containerized cargo (Haack 2006).
What does SWPM stand for?
SWPM stands for Solid Wood Packing Material (Department of Agriculture)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SWPM
We have 8 other meanings of SWPM in our Acronym Attic
- South West Public Health Observatory (UK)
- Solubilized Wheat Protein Isolate
- Social Workers for Peace and Justice (education and advocacy organization)
- Scottish Women's Premier League (UK)
- South Wales Premier League (squash and racketball; UK)
- South West Pistol League (Southern California)
- Stuff White People Like (humorous blog)
- South West Protected Landscapes Forum (Newton Abbot, Devon, United Kingdom)
- Single White Professional Male
- Software Project Manager
- Spoken Words per Minute
- Standard Wiring Practice Manual
- Star Wars: Pocket Model (gaming)
- Star Wars: the Phantom Menace
- Swap Manager (derivatives pricing tool used in financial industry)
- Supercritical Water Partial Oxidation (fuel cell technology)
- Salt Wells Pilot Plant (naval ordnance test station)
- Society of Wedding & Portrait Photographers
- Society of Workforce Planning Professionals (Nashville, TN)
- Software Proposal Portal
Samples in periodicals archive:
We know how they are getting into the country in solid wood packing materials like crates and pallets.
Solid wood packing material as a pathway for nonindigenous species.
BACKGROUND: Illinois is fighting an infestation of the devastating, tree-devouring Asian longhorned beetle that entered the United States on untreated solid wood packing materials from China.
will require all solid wood packing material from China to go through special treatment before being delivered to the U.
unidentatum, were collected on multiple occasions over 14 years from solid wood packing materials (SWPM) originating from India that were either stored in warehouses or intercepted at ports-of-entry in Georgia, USA.
If successful, this technology would be useful for port inspectors screening solid wood packing material for unintentional importation of exotic insects.
government for all solid wood packing materials entering the USA from China.