Since solar ultraviolet radiation is the prime energy source, its variability is expected to cause changes in the atmospheric temperature (Brasseur and Simon 1981).
What does SUVR stand for?
SUVR stands for Solar Ultraviolet Radiation
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SUVR
- Suva, Fiji - Nausori (Airport Code)
- Schweizerische Unfallversicherungsanstalt (Accident Insurance, Suisse)
- Specific Ultraviolet Absorbance (spectroscopic analysis)
- Sydney's Unique Venues Association (Sydney, Australia)
- Système Universel Verbo-Tonal d'Audition Guberina (French: Guberina Universal Verbo-Tonal Hearing System; phonetic correction device)
- Small Unilamellar Vesicles Containing Clodronate
- Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
- Sport Utility Vehicle Owners of America (now Standing up for SUV, Pickup and Van Owners of America)
- Standing up for SUV, Pickup and Van Owners of America (formerly Sport Utility Vehicle Owners of America)
- Security Update-Validation Program (Microsoft)
- Standardised Uptake Value Ratio
- South Utah Valley Solid Waste District
- Sport Utility VolksWagen
- Bong Airfield, Duluth Minnesota/Superior, Wisconsin (Airport Code)
- Sales, Use and Withholding (tax)
- Small Unit Warfare
- Smart Utility Wagon (Mitsubishi)
- Solid Urban Waste
- Stacje Uzdatniania Wody (Polish: Water Treatment Plant)
- Sterne Und Weltraum (German: Stars and Space; astronomy magazine; Germany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The researchers used affymetrix microarray, for looking at gene expression, and the 'Comet' assay to study DNA damage "The exposure to solar ultraviolet radiation increases in summer, often resulting in a higher incidence of skin lesions.
He explains the physical concepts that govern the environment and describes how power generation and transport impact it as he describes the structure and dynamics of the atmosphere, the global climate, solar ultraviolet radiation and its effect on life forms, heat transfer processes, generation of power from fossil fuels, nuclear power generation, and dispersal of pollutants in the environment, and the relationship of physics to stewardship of the environment.
Ultraviolet radiant fluxes equivalent to approximately 22 "suns" of solar ultraviolet radiation can be achieved at 32 sphere exit ports.
The satellite accomplishes this task by comparing the amount of solar ultraviolet radiation striking Earth with the amount scattered back into space by our planet's atmosphere.
This is because dust particles become positively charged through photoelectric effects excited by solar ultraviolet radiation and X rays, so more intense direct sunlight increases the electrostatic forces that make the dust adhesive.
Solar ultraviolet radiation at wavelengths below 300 nm is totally absorbed by the Earth's atmosphere.
Also presented by Boeing were results of computer modeling calculations on exposure of LDEF surfaces to atomic oxygen and solar ultraviolet radiation.