Washington, Mar 12 ( ANI ): NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) entered its semi-annual eclipse season on March 2, 2013 - a period of three weeks when Earth blocks its view of the sun for a period of time each day.
What does SDO stand for?
SDO stands for Solar Dynamics Observatory (satellite)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SDO
We have 108 other meanings of SDO in our Acronym Attic
- Services Designated Official
- Shared Data Object
- Ship Development Objective
- Ship's Debarkation Officer
- Signed Data Object
- Silent Death Online
- Social Dominance Orientation (psychology)
- Software Defined Operations (Cisco)
- Software Delivery Optimization (Borland)
- Software Development Outsourcing
- Solenoid Driver Output
- Solution Delivery Officer (supply chain management)
- Special Duty Officer (various armed forces)
- Special Duty Only
- Speedometer Drive Output
- Squadron Duty Officer
- Staff Development Officer
- Staff Duty Officer
- Stamp Distribution Office (US Postal Service)
- Standards Developing/Development Organization
Samples in periodicals archive:
The video was taken by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory using the Atmospheric Imaging Assembly instrument onboard.
Hi-C's resolution is about five times finer than the imaging instrument aboard NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) launched in February 2010 to study the sun and its dynamic behavior.
Some of the best pictures of the event were provided by the Nasa's Solar Dynamics Observatory, which studies the star from 36,000km above the Earth.
The most stunning image of yesterday's spectacle was an ultrahigh- definition image captured by US space agency NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory, which studies our star from a position 22,500 miles above Earth.
Observations from Europe's Venus Express probe will be compared with those made by several ground and space-based telescopes, including NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory, the joint U.
In an article published in this month's Science, the agency said its Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded Comet C/2011 N3 nearing the sun and burning to nothing over a 20-minute span in July.
Now, using a sensitive instrument aboard NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory, McIntosh and colleagues have discovered magnetic waves throughout the corona and the transition zone between it and the chromosphere.