Compared to COBOL and other legacy languages, Assembler is anywhere from 3-5 times more complex (According to Tapers Jones of Software Productivity Research, Inc.
What does SPR stand for?
SPR stands for Software Productivity Research
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SPR
We have 312 other meanings of SPR in our Acronym Attic
- Small Pressurized Rover
- Smart Plant Review (Intergraph)
- Sociedade Paulista de Radiologia e Diagnóstico por Imagem
- Society for Pediatric Radiology
- Society for Psychical Research
- Society for Psychophysiological Research
- Society for Psychotherapy Research (behavioral science group)
- Software Portability Review
- Software Problem Report
- Software Product Report
- Sony Pictures Releasing
- South Pacific Region (USACE)
- Southern Poetry Review (est. 1958)
- Space Power Reactor
- Sparks (Amtrak station code; Sparks, NV)
- Sparse Point Representation
- Spawning Potential Ratio (fisheries)
- Special Pinch Runner (little league baseball)
- Special Price Reduction
- Special Problem Report (US FEMA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Jones has served as Artemis' Executive Vice President and Chief Scientist since 1998 when the company at which he was chairman -- Software Productivity Research, Inc.
In the last year it sold Information Dimensions, the $20m Dublin, Ohio knowledge management company to Open Text Corporation and bought project management supplier, Artemis Management Systems and Software Productivity Research (SPR), a small software estimation and measurement company that was founded by US software metrics guru, Capers Jones.
Earlier, he worked in knowledge representation, expert systems, and other areas for companies including Palladian Software, Gold Hill Computers Software Productivity Research and the Experimental Knowledge Systems Laboratory.
OTCBB:AMSI), today reported the sale of its Software Productivity Research division.
However, even if you estimated the cost of evaluating a component to be extremely high, say as much as 20 percent of the overall development time to create the same functionality from scratch, and then factored in a reasonable margin of error for the code count, the study shows that the savings are still very compelling," commented Douglas Brindley, Senior Vice President at Software Productivity Research Inc.
Formerly a senior researcher at IBM's Santa Teresa software laboratory and Assistant Director of Applied Technology at the ITT Programming Technology Center, Jones is Chairman and Founder of Software Productivity Research.
BUSINESS WIRE)--May 4, 1999-- With Deadline Looming, Company Founded By Year 2000 Expert Capers Jones Initiates QuickCheck Service To Verify "Millennium Bug" Fixes On Track, Potential Liability Contained In the midst of intense focus on what liability corporations and senior management officials could face if software malfunctions when December 31, 1999 turns into January 1, 2000, Software Productivity Research Inc.