With the support of the global non-profit company, Software Freedom International, LinuxChix Namibia and SchoolNet gave away Linux Software packages and CDs.
What does SFI stand for?
SFI stands for Software Freedom International (Hudson, NH)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SFI
We have 250 other meanings of SFI in our Acronym Attic
- Single Frequency Interface
- Six Figure Income
- Skipsteknisk Forskningsinstitutt (Ship Research Institute of Norway)
- Slovenski Forum Inovacij (Slovenian: Slovenian Innovation Forum)
- Small Farm Institute (Maryland and Virginia)
- Small Financial Institution
- Société Française d'Immunologie
- Société Française d'Ingénierie (French: French Society of Engineering)
- Society for Immunology (various locations)
- Software Fault Injection
- Software-Based Fault Isolation
- Solar Flux Index (value based on sunspots to measure radio propagation)
- Solid Fat Index
- Sony Finance International (Japan)
- Sound Families Initiative (Seattle, WA)
- Special Flight Instrumentation
- Special Function Indicator (SABRS)
- Special Funding Initiative (various organizations)
- Specialist Fault Investigation (department at British Telecom for investigating faults)
- Sports Foundation, Inc. (New York)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although the concept is an initiative of the nonprofit company Software Freedom International, it is actualized by grassroots free-software advocates.
Software Freedom is about creating a digital platform for trust and longevity, particularly in a future where more and more of our lives are dependent upon technology," said Pia Waugh, president of Software Freedom International, the organization behind Software Freedom Day.