Viscosity control: Increase or decrease viscosity to desired level with the addition of propylene glycol, sodium xylene sulfonate, polymers.
What does SXS stand for?
SXS stands for Sodium Xylene Sulfonate
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SXS
We have 3 other meanings of SXS in our Acronym Attic
- Synchrotron X-ray Fluorescence Micro-Analysis
- Soft X-Ray Microcharacterization Beamline (physics)
- Stellar X-Ray Polarimeter
- Synchrotron X-Ray Powder Diffraction (materials research tool)
- Soft X-Ray Telescope
- Soft X-Ray Transient
- Superficial X-Ray Therapy
- Synchrotron X-Ray Topography
- Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll
- Side by Side
- Soft X-Ray Spectroscopy
- St. Xavier's School (India)
- Step-by-Step Switch (telecommunications)
- Symptoms (medical shorthand)
- Syndrome X Score
- St. Xavier's Social Service Society (India)
- Synchrotron X-Ray Scanning Tunneling Microscopy
- South By Southwest, Inc. (Texas music festival)
- Science Cross-Talk
- Sensient Technologies Corp (stock symbol)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They reduce the viscosity of high active surfactant solutions and, unlike sodium xylene sulfonate, also add to percent active surfactant in the formula.
The composition contains sodium hydroxide (50% active), at least two biodegradable nonionic surfactants that are primary or secondary alcohol ethoxylates, a UV-analyzable surfactant comprising sodium xylene sulfonate (40%), a biodegradable chelating agent comprising methylglycine diacetic acid and water.
Hydrotropes such as sodium xylene sulfonate and amphoteric surfactants were added to obtain a clear solution.
Maintaining pH stability is more important because the electrolyte stability can be compensated by the addition of an appropriate hydrotrope such as sodium xylene sulfonate.