She is a member of the Society of Local Authority Chief Executives (SOLACE), a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and a non-executive director of Live Theatre.
What does SOLACE stand for?
SOLACE stands for Society of Local Authority Chief Executives (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Solidarité Enfants SIDA
- Stuff Outta Luck, Big Freakin' Deal (polite form)
- Sleep Onset Latency to Stage 1
- Saints of Los Angeles (Mötley Crüe album)
- Scholars' Online Academy
- Service Oriented Legacy Architecture (software)
- Society for Oral Laser Applications
- Solusek's Eye (Everquest, gaming)
- South of Latin America
- Specific Off-Label Approval (UK; pesticide regulation)
- Safety Operations, Labs and Conceptual Engineering (research)
- Sociedad Latinoamericana de Cardiología Intervencionista (Spanish: International Cardiology Association)
- Spec Ops Light Assault Glove
- Advanced Solar Volumetric Air Receiver for Commercial Solar Tower Power Plants (EU)
- School of Labor and Industrial Relations (University of the Philippines)
- Stitches Of Love And Kindness
- Solar Antenna
- South Atlantic Force (US Navy)
- Spatial On-Line Analytical Processing
- School Outdoor Leadership Adventure Recreation (Michigan-based, outdoor enthusiasts adventure organization)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was again the guest of Capita at the Society of Local Authority Chief Executives dinner and champagne reception in Cardiff.
Chief executive Martin Reeves and customer and workforce services director Bev Messenger will attend the conference of SOLACE - the Society of Local Authority Chief Executives - at Edinburgh International Conference Centre.
It was published by a foundation established last year by the Society of Local Authority Chief Executives to stimulate debate about the design of local public services.
If you look very closely at the small type, you'll see that they're the Society of Local Authority Chief Executives in the UK.
But, as James Hehir FCMA, chief executive of Ipswich Borough Council and president of the Society of Local Authority Chief Executives (Solace), stresses in a Solace report entitled "Sing when you're winning": "E-government is difficult and sometimes risky, but above all it is inevitable.
During Hughes's 10-year stay, Kirklees established a reputation as one of the best-run authorities in Britain, and Hughes's own high standing was reflected in his presidency of the Society of Local Authority Chief Executives.
It is called SOLACE - the Society of Local Authority Chief Executives.