Second, Benedict will mark the 150th anniversary of the evangelization of Benin, commemorating the arrival in 1861 of two priests of the Society of African Missions in Ouidah, the main port and a center of the slave trade in what was then called the Kingdom of Dahomey.
What does SMA stand for?
SMA stands for Society of African Missions (religious order)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SMA
We have 590 other meanings of SMA in our Acronym Attic
- Singapore-MIT Alliance
- Single Manager for Ammunition
- Site des Monts d'Arrée (nuclear power plant; Brennilis, France)
- Small Museum Association
- Smart Memory Alloy
- Smith-Mundt Act of 1948
- Smooth Muscle Actin
- SNA (System Network Architecture) Management Architecture
- Social Media Analysis (various meanings)
- Society for Medical Anthropology (American Anthropological Association)
- Society of Maritime Arbitrators
- Society of Municipal Arborists
- Software and Management Associates (Texas)
- Software Maintenance Agreement
- Software Management Activity
- Solidarité Motards Accidentés (French: Damaged Motorcyclists Solidarity)
- Solution Management Assessment (SAP)
- Sound Music Album
- Sous Ministre Adjointe (French: Assistant Deputy Minister; Canada)
- Southern Management Association (Academy of Management)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A l s o a l l who donated to the Society of African Missions.
ALL Ireland Primate Archbishop Sean Brady and Papal Nuncio Dr Giuseppe Lazzarotto yesterday led a celebratory mass marking the 150th anniversary of the Society of African Missions.
Relatives in Co Clare who received the devastating news yesterday were being comforted by his Society of African Missions (SMA) colleagues.
He received his sacraments, from baptism through ordination, from Society of African Missions priests and bishops.
He entered the church on Easter 1984 and the Society of African Missions seminary a few months later.