Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity Bulletin, 5(3), 25-26.
What does SPSMM stand for?
SPSMM stands for Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity (American Psychological Association)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SPSMM
- Single-Program Speculatives Multithreading
- Software Process Simulation Model
- State Prison of Southern Michigan (Jackson County, MI; now closed)
- Studia Pohl: Series Maior (book)
- Supply Point Simulation Model
- Scapuloperoneal Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Steve Pearson School of Martial Arts (UK)
- St Patrick's School Military Band (Singapore)
- Single-Polarization Single-Mode Fiber (Brillouin ring laser)
- Secure Programming Standards Methodology Manual (open source guide; Institute for Security and Open Methodologies)
- Sentinel Provider Surveillance Network (US CDC)
- Social Policy Studies Network (Japan)
- Specialist Practitioner School Nursing
- Structured Portable Social Networks
- Successful Pickup Saturday Night
- Synchronization Point Serial Number
- Science Processing Support Office (US NASA)
- Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (UK)
- Senior Personnel Staff Officer (UK)
- Singapore Primary Science Olympiad (competition)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The American Psychological Association established The Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity that seeks to challenge restrictive gender roles leading to negative consequences, harmful activities, unhealthy interactions, and oppression of others.
Mark Kiselica, a psychologist at the College of New Jersey and past president of the American Psychological Association's Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity, bristles at the notion of boys as "emotional mummies" cut off from relationships.