Chris Long's Oh Lord Remember, which opened a concert also including the Verdi Requiem in November last year, was commissioned as part of a scheme jointly promoted by Making Music, the Performing Rights Society and the Society for the Promotion of New Music.
What does SPNM stand for?
SPNM stands for Society for the Promotion of New Music (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SPNM
We have 2 other meanings of SPNM in our Acronym Attic
- Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel
- Shipping Progessional Network in London (UK)
- Society for the Protection of Nature in Lebanon (est. 1986)
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Laboratory (Michigan State University)
- Stanford Psychiatry Neuroimaging Laboratory (California)
- Sun-Protected Non-Lesional
- Semantics and Pragmatics of Natural Language Processing (UK)
- Secondary Primary Noncutaneous Malignancy
- Semi-Primitive Non-Motorized
- South Providence Neighborhood Ministries (Providence, RI)
- Strategic Perspectives in Nonprofit Management (Harvard Business School; Cambridge, MA)
- Saint Paul Neighborhood Network (Minnesota)
- Cisco Proprietary Network-to-Network Interface (Cisco)
- Single-Pole Normally Open
- Secure Plug and Play
- Service Provider Number Portability
- Society of Private Nursing Practitioners (South Africa)
- Stochastic Petri Net Package
- Substrate Positive-Negative-Positive (transistor)
Samples in periodicals archive:
If the ethos behind the current three-day event is the publicising of efforts by affiliates of the Society for the Promotion of New Music, then any concept of outreach falls down at the first hurdle, with programme-notes more inward-looking than communicative; composers are rarely the best essayists on their own works.
Cygnus for percussion quartet was selected by the Society for the Promotion of New Music for performance by Ensemble Bash at the 1999 Spitalfields Festival, in May 2000 her pieces for solo recorder Araneis: Studies of British Spiders were included in the spnm's website catalogue of recommended new works.