57 QH323 Six chapters based loosely on the plenary lectures delivered at the Society for Mathematical Biology Conference, held in Toronto in July-August 2008, offer graduate students and researchers examples of how practical mathematics is being used in medicine and biology.
What does SMB stand for?
SMB stands for Society for Mathematical Biology
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SMB
We have 160 other meanings of SMB in our Acronym Attic
- Sinhalaye Mahasammata Bhumiputra Party (Sri Lanka)
- Små og Mellomstore Bedrifter
- Small and Medium Business
- Social Media Breakfast (networking)
- Société Médicale Balint (French: Balint Medical Society; est. 1966)
- Société Médicale de Biothérapie (French: Medical Society of Biotherapy)
- Société Méridionale du Bâtiment (French: Southern Building Company)
- Société Métallurgique de Bretagne (French: Metallurgical Company of Britain; est. 1926)
- Société Monégasque de Bureautique (French: Monaco Office Company)
- Société Multinationale de Bitumes (French: Bitumen Multinational Corporation; Côte d'Ivoire)
- Soil Microbial Biomass
- South Mountain Batholith
- Southwest Missouri Bank
- Space Medicine Branch (Aerospace Medical Association)
- Spartan Marching Band (Michigan State University)
- Special Men's Business (Australia)
- Spirit, Mind and Body (various organizations)
- Staatliche Museen Zu Berlin (national museums in Berlin)
- Standoff Minefield Breacher
- State Marketing Board
Samples in periodicals archive:
He is a member of over twenty exclusive science professional societies, including senior member of the Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), life member of the American Physical Society (APS), fellow of the Optical Society of America (OSA), Society for Photo-optical Interpretation Engineers (SPIE), Society for Mathematical Biology (SMB), among others, and he is Chair of numerous conferences within IEEE and SPIE, and the Nanotech 2005 Government Forum.
Springer Science + Business (New York) and the Society for Mathematical Biology (Boulder, CO) have begun the publication of "Bulletin of Mathematical Biology" with an issue this month.