As a Professor of Music at Wesleyan University, former President of the Society for Ethnomusicology, and author of volumes on Afghani and Jewish folk music and klezmer, Mark Slobin brings years of erudition to bear on a messy subject.
What does SEM stand for?
SEM stands for Society for Ethnomusicology
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SEM
We have 372 other meanings of SEM in our Acronym Attic
- Single-Ended Mode
- Singularity Expansion Method
- Site Engineering and Maintenance (Department)
- Skin, Eyes or Mouth (herpes infection)
- Slovene Ethnographic Museum (Slovenia)
- Slovenski Etnografski Muzej (Slovenian: Slovenian Ethnographic Museum)
- Slow Eye Movements
- Social Enterprise Management
- Socially and Emotionally Maladjusted
- Société d'Économie Mixte (French: Mixed Enterprise Company)
- Society for Experimental Mechanics, Inc.
- Society for Experimental Methods
- Softcopy Exploitation Management
- Software Engineering and Middleware
- Solar Environmental Monitor
- Solution Engagement Manager (Salesforce.com, Inc.)
- Sound and Efficient Management (EU)
- Space Environment Monitor
- Space Experiment Module
- Spacecraft Equipment Module (US NASA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since 1961 he was member of the American Society for Ethnomusicology when it adopted the term etnomusicologia (in 1957), definitely replacing the term of musicologia comparada.
Specific topics include a tradition of self-critique, the music of anthropology, The International Folk Music Council/International Council for Traditional Music and the development of ethnomusicology in the US, reflections on the Society for Ethnomusicology in 1955 and 2005, recalling some neglected classics in musical geography, and free associations around Kurt Weill.
Moyle was active in many professional organisations both nationally and internationally, ranging from the Society for Ethnomusicology to the International Council for Traditional Music, to which she was elected Honorary Member.
Cultural Crossroads," conference, Society for Ethnomusicology, Association for Technology in Music Instruction, and College Music Society, in Miami, FL.
MARK SLOBIN is Professor of Music at Wesleyan University and former president of the Society for Ethnomusicology.
Journal of the Society for Ethnomusicology 27 (Jan.
The journal is produced by the Iberian Society for Ethnomusicology and is peer reviewed.