The first webinar Understanding Social Security Work Incentives and Ticket to Work--Oct.
What does SSWI stand for?
SSWI stands for Social Security Work Incentive
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SSWI
We have 1 other meaning of SSWI in our Acronym Attic
- Southend-on-Sea Wargames Club (Essex, UK)
- Survivor Support Working Group
- System Safety Working Group
- System Security Working Group
- Social Security Withholding
- Southampton and South-West Hampshire (UK)
- Sevier Solid Waste Inc.
- Single Sweep Wave Identification (neuroscience)
- Site of Special Wildlife Interest (New Zealand Forest Accord)
- So Sick with It (website)
- Source Safe Web Interface (Microsoft software)
- Subsea Well Intervention (energy exploration)
- Slow-Speed Weigh-in-Motion (also seen as SWIM; truck scale)
- South Sumatra-West Java (gas pipeline; Indonesia)
- Social Service Worker
- Skin Surface Water Loss
- Super Small Wall Light (Nitebrites)
- Society for Social Work Leadership in Health Care
- Shoalhaven Schools Workplace Learning Program (Australia)
- Straight Southern White Male
Samples in periodicals archive:
A PASS Plan, or Plan for Achieving Self-Support, is a Social Security Work Incentive that allows a Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipient to set aside money for a specified period of time for the purpose of accomplishing an employment goal (Prero, 1993; Social Security Administration, 1988).
Along with the Americans with Disabilities Act, other federal issues priorities for 1989 include support for: * A National Medical Rehabilitation Research Center; * The Social Security Work Incentive Act which would create a permanent disability status and eliminate the trial work period; * Family and Medical Leave Act; * Expeditious drug review by the FDA.
Another emerging source of funding for supported employment follow-along is the use of the social security work incentives PASS (Plan for Achieving Self Support) and IRWE (Impairment Related Work Expenses).