Wolf Wolfensberger on the Principles of Normalization and Social Role Valorization [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] In today's world the concept that ALL people should have the same rights and civil liberties and the same access to everyday living conditions and circumstances as everyone else, regardless of disabilities either physical or cognitive, seems a forgone conclusion.
What does SRV stand for?
SRV stands for Social Role Valorization (Wolf Wolfensberger's The Principle of Normalization in Human Services)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SRV
We have 80 other meanings of SRV in our Acronym Attic
- San Ramon Valley
- Security and Reconnaissance Vehicles
- Semiregular Variable (astronomy)
- Sequential Response Vector
- Service Corporation (funeral company; stock symbol)
- Service Record (DNS)
- Sewer Relief Vent
- Simian Retrovirus
- Smudge Resistant Vinyl (mouse pads)
- Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- Société des Régates de Vannes (French: Regatta Society of Vannes; Vannes, France)
- Special Reconnaissance Vehicle
- Specialisti in Radiologia Veterinaria
- Sport Recreation Vehicle
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
- Storage and Retrieval Vehicles
- Storage Ring Viewer (computing)
- Store Receipt Voucher
- Strasbourg Roller Vitesse (French: Strasbourg Speed Skating; Strasbourg, France)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Social role valorization insights into the social integration conundrum.
Are normalization and social role valorization limited by competence?
To replace normalization theory, Wolfensberger (1983, 2000) formulated social role valorization (SRV) theory, a series of beliefs about (a) discrimination toward the social roles held by most persons with disabilities and (b) practices to eliminate discrimination while enhancing (valorizing) social roles.
Evergreen provides on-going training on topics such as person centered planning, outcomes measurement, normalization, social role valorization, community participation and inclusion and positive behavior support.