Until July 2012 MacMillan, a Canadian, served as the first director of the International Social Justice Commission at the Salvation Army international office in London, with the rank of commissioner.
What does SJC stand for?
SJC stands for Social Justice Commission (New Zealand)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SJC
We have 72 other meanings of SJC in our Acronym Attic
- São José dos Campos (Brazil)
- Security Joint Committee (Oasis)
- Sekisui Jushi Corporation (Japan)
- Senate Judiciary Committee (US Senate)
- Seoul Japan Club (Seoul, South Korea)
- Serangoon Junior College (Singapore)
- Shin Joho Center (marketing research; Japan)
- Smart Jammer Control
- Sniper Joint Clan (gaming clan)
- Social Justice Center (various locations)
- Social Justice Committee
- Sompo Japan Credit
- South-East Asia Japan Cable System (consortium)
- Sri Jagannath Center (India; est. 1998)
- St John's College High School (Washington, DC, Est. 1851)
- St Joseph's College
- St Jude's College
- St. James Church (various locations)
- St. James College
- St. John of the Cross (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Commission is being organized by Faith Voices for the Common Good, Luna Productions, The Ministry and Social Justice Commission of The Riverside Church, Starr King School for the Ministry and Union Theological Seminary.
A study by the Social Justice Commission has found that if parents fail to interact significantly with their newborn tots, the youngsters will be doomed to a life of crime, educational failure and poverty by the time they are just three.
Both D&P and the Social Justice Commission of the CCCB wanted nothing to do with any family-morality topics.
And the minimum wage and welfare-to-work programmes were inspired by Mr Smith's social justice commission.
; panelists from CFHI, International Social Justice Commission of the Salvation Army, Good Business International, and more.
It was also revealed that Iain Duncan Smith, the chair of the party's social justice commission and a now a leading influence on Mr Cameron's thinking, is to undertake a wide-ranging further look at benefit simplification, reform of housing benefit, family law, and early years intervention.
He is a founding member of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Italy-America Chamber of Commerce, has served on the boards of several area hospitals and providers, has chaired the Social Justice Commission of the order Sons of Italy in America (OSIA), is a member of the council of 1000 of the National Italian American Foundation, and has been honored for his work by the OSIA, the City of Altoona, the Philadelphia City Council and the Pennsylvania Senate and House of Representatives.