Subjects explored include international experiences of health activism, the social determinants of health, activism and the media, community activism, and networks and activism.
What does SDOH stand for?
SDOH stands for Social Determinants of Health
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SDOH
- Standards Development Organizations Coordinating Council
- Spectral Domain Optical Coherence Tomography
- Screaming Demons over Europe (flight simulator)
- Statistical Design of Experiment
- System Design for Operational Effectiveness
- San Diego Oceans Foundation (California)
- Semantic Depth of Field
- Single Degree of Freedom
- Simulation Data Output, Formatting, and Identification
- South Dakotans for Open Government
- State Department of Health (various locations)
- Stichting Dienstverlening Ouderen Heerlen (Dutch: Elderly Services Foundation Heerlen; Heerlen, Netherlands)
- Sandra Day O'Connor High School (Phoenix, AZ)
- South Dakota Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition (all terrain vehicle advocacy organization)
- San Diego Office Interiors (San Diego, CA)
- Silicon Directly on Insulator (microchip device manufacturing)
- Steel Door Institute
- Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (album by Dream Theater)
- School District of Janesville (Janesville, WI)
- Stichting De Ondergrondse Kerk (Dutch: The Underground Church Foundation; Hoogblokland, The Netherlands)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This partnership will support community-led action to address disparity in the social determinants of health, one of which is food insecurity.
TACKING THE social determinants of health can be an especially effective strategy to improving the health of Hispanic communities, according to research presented at APHA's 140th Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
org helps health professionals quickly learn and share what they need to know about social determinants of health - the social and environmental factors that shape well-being even more than medical care.
The social determinants of health play a significant role in determining the cost of providing health care.
The continual challenge for lawmakers in discussing these social determinants of health is which, if any, policies can make a difference.
Since the program's inception, Schweitzer Fellows in Pittsburgh, competitively chosen from health-focused graduate student applicants in a variety of fields, have worked tirelessly to address health disparities and the social determinants of health throughout the greater Pittsburgh area.
Catholic Health Australia-National Centre for Social and Economic Modelling: Second Report on Health Inequalities: The cost of inaction on the social determinants of health Laurie Brown, LincThurecht, Binod Nepal, National Centre for Social and Economic Modelling The findings of the report confirm that the cost of government inaction on the social determinants of health, leading to health inequalities for the most disadvantaged Australians of working age, is substantial.