Editor, Alberta History Adam Shamchuk's article on the Social Credit Party [Spring 2012] included a photo on page 5 of David B.
What does SOCRED stand for?
SOCRED stands for Social Credit Party (Canada)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- System of Cooperation for Research and Technology
- Sensor for Optically Characterizing Remote Atmospheric Turbulence Emanating Sound (FAA Project for wake turbulence studies)
- Sensor for Optically Characterizing Ring-Eddy Atmospheric Turbulence Emanating Sound (Flight Safety Technologies, Inc.)
- Site, Onset, Character, Radiation, Associated factors, Time, Exacerbating/relieving factors, Severity (pain history)
- Special Operations Command, Research, Analysis, and Threat Evaluation System (US DoD)
- Stages of Change Readiness and Treatment Eagerness Scale (alcoholism treatment assessment)
- System of Cellular Radio for Traffic Efficiency and Safety (European Community)
- Special Operations Command Research And Threat Evaluation System
- Statistics Online Computational Resource for Education (paper)
- Special Operations Command Requirements Evaluation Board
- Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Solidaridad Cristiana con centroamerica
- South Offaly Community Regeneration Initiative (Ireland)
- Sud-Ouest Capital-Risque Innovation
- System-on-Chip Research Network (Canada)
- Standard Occupational Classification Revision Policy Committee (US DOL)
- Southeastern Oakland County Resource Recovery Authority (Michigan)
- Scottish Office Central Research Unit (Scotland, UK)
- SAC Operational Communications System
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Solution (Stout Causey Consulting)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Both the Social Credit party and University of Alberta built programs of participatory public deliberation around radio broadcasts.
He won the election and served as member of the Legislative Assembly for the riding for close to 30 years, first with the CCF, then with the New Democratic Party and finally with the Social Credit Party.
However, Brown's reform movement, with roots in the old CCF party, the Trades and Labour Congress, and the Social Credit party, had a different agenda from Manning's right-wing party in today's Canada.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The Social Credit party won a large majority in Alberta in 1935 on the back of William Aberhart's charismatic appeal and promises to end the misery of the Great Depression.
MacKenzie observes that McCarthy's declaration of the Social Credit Party as pro-choice immediately led to the formation of the Pro-Family Coalition around a strong pro-life position.
[I]n retrospect, its appeal seems to have been confined primarily to the most fervent followers of Major Douglas; it was regarded outside the Social Credit party as a crank phenomenon and within it as an embarrassment.
3) First, the Social Credit party was in power for almost the entire time the Act was in effect.