1998) "Social capital and poverty" World Bank Social Capital Initiative Working Paper No.
What does SCI stand for?
SCI stands for Social Capital Initiative (World Bank)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SCI
We have 533 other meanings of SCI in our Acronym Attic
- Significant Cost Impact
- Simmons & Company International (Houston, TX)
- Sinai Consulting Inc (Granger, IN)
- Single-Column Inch
- Sister Cities International
- Site of Community Importance (EU Habitats Directive)
- Skate Canada International (competition)
- Skilled Care Initiative (various locations)
- Smart Commute Initiative (various locations)
- Soc.Culture.Indian (newsgroup)
- Social Change Institute
- Social Cohesion and Identity (Human Sciences Research Council; South Africa)
- Società Chimica Italiana (Italian: Italian Chemical Society)
- Societe Civile Immobiliere (French legal status for firms)
- Societies of Commerce and Industry (Japan)
- Society of Chemical Industry (also seen as SOCI; UK)
- Software Configuration Identification
- Software Configuration Index
- Software Configuration Item
- Software Consultants, Inc. (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We conclude with initial suggestions for extending social capital initiatives to recognise, and build, the role of non-local institutions in creating stronger communities.
As part of the World Bank's Social Capital Initiative, Krishna and Schrader (1999) developed the Social Capital Assessment Tool, which examined a number of assumptions made by theorists in the field.