Air Force Band's Airmen of Note will perform April 4 and 25; members of the Smithsonian Jazz Masterworks Orchestra will perform April 11 and 18.
What does SJMO stand for?
SJMO stands for Smithsonian Jazz Masterworks Orchestra
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SJMO
- San Jacinto Methodist Hospital (Baytown, TX)
- St. John Macomb Hospital (now St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital; Warren, MI)
- St. Joseph Mercy Hospital (various locations)
- Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital (Weston, WV)
- Saint Joseph Mercy Health System (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
- Sangharsh Jan Mukti Morcha (political party)
- Samyukta Jana Morcha Nepal (Nepalese political party)
- San Jose Mercury News (California)
- Stichting Jong Muziektalent Nederland (Dutch: Netherlands Foundation for Young Music Talent; est. 1986; Rotterdam, Netherlands)
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland (hospital; Pontiac, MI)
- St. James Music Press (est. 1992; Tryon, NC)
- St. Joseph Morrow Park High School
- Sir James McDonald Pipe Band (Portland, OR)
- San Juan Metropolitan Region (San Juan, Puerto Rico)
- San Juan Mountain Runners (Montrose, CO)
- Saint Joseph - Mount Sterling Hospital (Kentucky)
- South Jordan Middle School (South Jordan, UT)
- St John's Military School (Salina, KS)
- St. Johns Middle School (St. Johns, MI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Consistent exceptions have resided mainly in the area of big bands, with the National Jazz Ensemble (1973-78), American Jazz Orchestra (1985-93), Smithsonian jazz Masterworks Orchestra, and Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra (both ongoing) offering concerts of re-created big-band masterpieces.
Other completely sold-out shows are Itzhak Perlman's single performance with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra; the two "Olympic Jazz Summits" directed by Wynton Marsalis; the one-show-only "Olympic Celebration of Chamber Music"; the single joint performance of the Australian and Atlanta Youth Orchestras; and the single Smithsonian Jazz Masterworks Orchestra appearance.