Bachy-Rita moved on to a position at the Smith-Kettlewell Institute of Visual Sciences in San Francisco, California, and became a full professor at age 37.
What does SKI stand for?
SKI stands for Smith-Kettlewell Institute (San Francisco, California)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SKI
We have 30 other meanings of SKI in our Acronym Attic
- South Kerala Hotelier's Forum (India)
- SKH Leung Kwai Yee Secondary School
- Seven Kings High School (UK)
- South Kingstown High School (Rhode Island, USA)
- South Kitsap High School (Port Orchard, Washington)
- Sung Kong Hoe University (Korea)
- Surat Keterangan Hasil Ujian (Indonesian: Certificate Exam Results)
- Sheffield Kidney Institute (UK)
- Sister Kenny Institute (Minnesota)
- Sloan Kettering Institute (oncology; New York)
- Socialinës Komunikacijos Institutas (Social Communication Institute; Vilnius, Lithuania)
- Southwest Kidney Institute (Tempe, AZ)
- Spend Kids' Inheritance :-)
- Statens Kärnkraftinspektion (Swedish Nuclear Power Inspectorate)
- Street Kids International (est. 1988)
- Subject Key Identifier (digital certificates)
- Symmetric Key Infrastructure (ActiveCard)
- Secure Key Issuing Authority
- Shotokan Karate International Australia (martial arts)
- Stichting Kinderen in Bolivia
Samples in periodicals archive:
Prior to joining Genentech, Anicetti held positions at the Tulane Medical School in New Orleans and the Smith-Kettlewell Institute of Visual Sciences in San Francisco.
The study by the Smith-Kettlewell institute showed a need to improve understanding of practical vision problems for both patients and doctors that aren't measured by the standard eye chart with black letters on a white background, said John Brabyn, the institute's senior scientist.