It is compatible with industry-standard smart card logon protocols, S/MIME secure e-mail technology, VPN authentication, and Web-based SSL/TLS with mutual authentication.
What does SCL stand for?
SCL stands for Smart Card Logon
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SCL
We have 413 other meanings of SCL in our Acronym Attic
- Shoghi Communications Ltd. (defense systems; various locations)
- Short Circuit Line
- Shreve, Crump & Low (Boston, MA)
- Side Coupled Linac
- Signal Corps Laboratory (US Army)
- Simple Common Logic (modeling language for ontology development)
- Simulation Control Language
- Single Control Lever
- Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth (Leavenworth, KS)
- Site Concurrence Letter
- Smiles Change Lives (Kansas City, MO)
- Snake Creek Lasers, LLC (Hallstead, PA)
- SOAP Contract Language (Microsoft)
- Society for Caribbean Linguistics (Trinidad & Tobago)
- Society for Computers & Law (UK)
- Society of Construction Law
- Sodium Chemistry Loop
- Soft Competitive Learning (network)
- Soft Contact Lens
- Software Control Language
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sophisticated security solutions such as smart card logon, Virtual Private Network (VPN) and secure email, now possible with a high level of ease and sophistication.
These certificates are used to validate the status of each cardholder when accessing IT resources and applications, including digitally signed emails, smart card logon, and access to secure web portals.
As the world transitions to public key based applications such as secure e-mail, authenticated browsing, smart card logons, and digital signatures on documents, protection of the private keys stored on the smart card is essential.
The Smart Card Logon for Lotus Notes will allow employees to essentially carry their entire Notes desktop on a single smart card and access their data from any properly configured Notes workstation.
0, starting with the beta 2 release that shipped last month, will include support for the GemSAFE smart card logon and public key infrastructure.
0, starting with the beta 2 release shipped last month, will include support for the GemSAFE smart card logon and public key infrastructure.