For me, this incident serves as a reminder of the asymmetric power that exists between small liberal arts colleges and large research institutions on the one hand, but also between LCTLs and more commonly taught European languages on the other.
What does SLAC stand for?
SLAC stands for Small Liberal Arts College
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SLAC
We have 47 other meanings of SLAC in our Acronym Attic
- Sri Lanka Association for Buddhist Studies (est. 2001)
- Student Loan Asset-Backed Security
- Salt Lake Acting Company (Utah)
- Scapholunate Advanced Collapse (wrist disorder)
- Selective Liberal Arts College
- Selective Liberal Arts Consortium (higher education network)
- Service Learning Advisory Committee
- Shelf Life Action Code
- Shipper's Load and Count (shipping)
- Skandia Life Assurance Company Limited (UK)
- Space lab Lyman Alpha Coronograph
- Standard Life Assurance Company (UK life insurance company)
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
- Student Labor Action Coalition
- Student Learning Assistance Center
- Study Like a Champion (various locations)
- Subscriber Line Audio-processing Circuit
- Support List Allocation/Allowance Card(s)
- Skye and Lochalsh Arts and Crafts Association (UK)
- Society for Latin American and Caribbean Anthropology (American Anthropological Association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A state-of-the-art fitness center and a warm, welcoming gathering place for students, officials felt, would "better position us to recruit and retain students who desire the amenities of a large university, but also want to be part of a distinctive learning community at a small liberal arts college like Chestnut Hill," Strimkovsky explains.
About Wake Forest University: Wake Forest University combines the best traditions of a small liberal arts college with the resources of a large research university.
As one of the top-ranked small liberal arts colleges in the Northeast focusing on the study of the science fields, SUNY Geneseo required a facility which would not only improve on its aging infrastructure, but would also propel this already recognized institution to the next level of science education and research.
From the land of cows and corn: Soon after graduating from Winona State University, a small liberal arts college in her hometown in Minnesota, Kevin saw a window of opportunity: "I decided there are only certain times in your life when you can really escape.
It gives appropriate lists of colleges from small liberal arts colleges to partying colleges to the best colleges for female athletes.
In my previous teaching position at a small liberal arts college, I taught music appreciation on several occasions.
Maria Tirado is a freshman at Monmouth College, a small liberal arts college three and a half hours from Chicago.