NAF academies can be small learning communities within larger schools, or stand-alone public high schools, and are organized around a career theme: Finance, Hospitality & Tourism, Information Technology, Health Sciences, or Engineering.
What does SLC stand for?
SLC stands for Small Learning Communities
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SLC
We have 413 other meanings of SLC in our Acronym Attic
- Single Layer Capacitor (electronic component)
- Single Line Concept (US DoD)
- Single Look Complex
- Single-Level Cell (flash memory technology)
- Site Licensed Company
- Sky Loop Committee (Covington, Kentucky)
- SLAC Linear Electron-Positron Collider
- Sloan Leadership Club (MIT)
- Slovincian (linguistics)
- Slow Left Arm Chinaman (cricket)
- Small Learning Community
- Small Logic Controller (Allen Bradley SLC 500 series controller)
- Smaller Learning Communities
- Smart Link Communication (Algeria; est. 2001)
- Société de Législation Comparée (French: Society of Comparative Legislation)
- Society for Leadership of Change (Huntersville, NC)
- Software License Configurator
- Software Life Cycle
- Solute-Linked Carrier
- Solution Life Cycle
Samples in periodicals archive:
They describe the definition and expectations of a schedule; the development of schedules for response to intervention, special education, English language learning, credit recovery, career and technical education, gifted and talented programs, and Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate programs; fixed and variable inclusive scheduling frameworks and their integration; scheduling frameworks for small learning communities and magnets, houses, and academies; specific steps for scheduling in middle and high schools; effective teaching in variable-length time periods; and guidelines for professional development for successful implementation.
Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, the Springfield district was named one of only 28 recipients nationwide of a federal Small Learning Communities grant.
ISA will leverage this grant to accelerate the learning of underserved, low-performing public high school students by continuing to implement its proven, small learning communities (SLCs) model in both of these Long Island public high schools.
Through public-private partnerships, the foundation has established a nationwide network of career-themed schools, or academies, that are organized as small learning communities.
The school was reorganized into three thematic, small learning communities (Arts, Information Technology, and Leadership) within the building and was charged to develop plans for site-based management.
Small learning communities as advocated in business by Senge (1990) among others, and by many educators (e.
In 2001, the MCPS Division of Career and Technology Education (CTE) began its focus on small learning communities developed around career clusters in strategic locations throughout the school district.