This compared unfavourably with the Small Firms Loan Guarantee scheme, which the EFG replaced.
What does SFLG stand for?
SFLG stands for Small Firms Loan Guarantee
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SFLG
We have 1 other meaning of SFLG in our Acronym Attic
- San Francisco Language Exchange
- Short Formal Learning Experience (UK)
- Special Forces Liaison Element (US Army)
- Senior Federal Law Enforcement Official
- Shanghai Foreign Language Education Press
- Society of Federal Labor and Employee Relations Professionals (Arlington, VA)
- Small Farmer Livelihood Facility (Canada)
- Stewart Francke Leukemia Foundation (Detroit, MI)
- Stress Fiber-Like Filaments
- Sea Fisheries Liaison Group (Ireland)
- South Florida Legal Guide (annual publication)
- San Francisco Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Pride Parade Committee (San Francisco, CA)
- San Francisco Lesbian/Gay Freedom Band (San Francisco, CA)
- Small Firms Loan Guarantee Scheme
- South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- San Francisco Leadership Initiative (San Francisco HIV Prevention Planning Council)
- Seminarians for Life International (Front Royal, VA)
- Spanish Forum Language Institute (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Success for Life Institute (Washington, DC)
- Selected Funeral Life Insurance Company (Arkansas)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When it was launched, the EFG Scheme was an extension of the concept of the Small Firms Loan Guarantee Scheme which had existed for more than a decade.
Rachel got a Bank of Scotland small firms loan guarantee when she started out four years ago.
The survival fund would be around five times bigger than the Government's current Small Firms Loan Guarantee Scheme, which last year handed out about pounds 200m to 2,600 firms.
The Federation of Small Businesses' (FSB) blueprint for emergency support wants Gordon Brown to create a pounds 1bn Small Business Survival Fund to replace the current Small Firms Loan Guarantee scheme.
This Government is committed to supporting business and the Budget included a number of measures to encourage productivity growth including support to help small firms access the resources they need to start up and grow through the Small Firms Loan Guarantee, enhancements to the Enterprise Investment Scheme and Enterprise Management Incentives and a package of regulation and tax simplification reforms.
The measures include increasing funds available through the small firms loan guarantee scheme by £60m for the coming financial year, and raising the level of investment attracting tax relief under the enterprise investment scheme from £400,000 to £500,000.
It also found the government's Small Firms Loan Guarantee Scheme of pounds 150,000 to finance a national 24-hour call centre was misused.