COLUMN: IN OUR OPINION A Superior Court judge's denial of an injunction yesterday in the dispute between insurance companies and the state over double-digit rate increases for small business health plans leaves untouched important questions as to how Massachusetts plans to rein in rising medical costs.
What does SBHP stand for?
SBHP stands for Small Business Health Plan
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 13 other meanings of SBHP in our Acronym Attic
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) Behavioral Health Headlines (database; US DHHS)
- Santa Barbara Health Initiative
- Small Business Health Index (survey)
- Stirling Behavioral Health Institute (est. 1994; Westlake Village, CA)
- Supplemented Brain-Heart Infusion
- Samaritan Befrienders Hong Kong
- South Beach Home Loans (Elmwood Park, NJ)
- Subsumption-Based Heuristic Modules
- Southern Baptist Historical Library and Archives (Nashville, TN)
- Split Base Hasty Map Production
- Sellbot Headquarters (gaming)
- Supreme Bethel Honored Queen (award; International Order of Job's Daughters)
- Santa Barbara Human Resources Association (California)
- Space-Based Hypervelocity Rail Gun
- South Bay Historical Railroad Society (Santa Clara, CA)
- San Benito High School (Hollister, California)
- Santa Barbara High School
- Social and Behavioral Health Sciences (various schools)
- South Boston High School (Boston, MA)
- South Broward High School (Florida)
Samples in periodicals archive:
IREM supports legislation that would create small business health plans to increase the number of insured.
A third issue the policy subcommittee plans to discuss with legislators and their staffs is healthcare cost containment and, more specifically, small business health plans.
This is the first time Small Business Health Plan (SBHP) legislation has been debated on the floor of the Senate, and supporters will continue to work across party lines to find ways to make health insurance more affordable for small businesses.
The Health Insurance Marketplace Modernization & Affordability Act ($1955) would allow small businesses to band together to create small business health plans (SBHPs).
eHealthInsurance offers thousands of individual, family and small business health plans underwritten by more than 180 of the nation's leading health insurance companies.
Byline: Glen Johnson BOSTON - The top health insurers in Massachusetts on Monday filed a lawsuit against state insurance regulators, arguing a premium rate cap imposed by the Patrick administration on small business health plans was arbitrary, politically motivated and could lead to losses in the "hundreds of millions of dollars.
In addition, the subcommittee plans to discuss health-cost containment and small business health plans.