The complete purification process typically includes physical processes such as filtration, sedimentation, and distillation, biological processes such as slow sand filters or biologically active carbon, chemical processes such as flocculation and chlorination and the use of electromagnetic radiation such as ultraviolet light.
What does SSF stand for?
SSF stands for Slow Sand Filter
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SSF
We have 286 other meanings of SSF in our Acronym Attic
- Sikh Students Federation
- Singapore Sailing Federation
- Singapore Silat Federation
- Single Stock Fund
- Single Stock Futures
- Single-Satellite Footprint
- Single-Seated Fighter
- Singular Shunt Forward
- Site-Specific Factor (oncology)
- Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation
- Small Form Factor
- Small Scale Farmer (various locations)
- SMS Spam Filtering
- Social Science Faculty (various locations)
- Social Source Foundation
- Société Succulentophile Francilienne (French cactus organization)
- Society for the Study of Fertility
- Society of St. Francis (Anglican Church Religious Order of Franciscans)
- Society of St. Francis (religious order)
- Software Stays Forever
Samples in periodicals archive:
coli and almost all lacked the proper amount of chlorine), installed individual slow sand filter water treatment systems, set rat traps at a local hospital and provided education for integrated pest management, provided information and education about solid waste management, investigated a possible foodborne outbreak at a local flea market, and assisted with the repair of a community fogger used for mosquito control.
9781583215951 Water filtration practices; including slow sand filters and precoat filtration.
to market its Superfilter, a new technology which removes pesticides and other organic compounds from drinking water utilizing granular activated carbon in slow sand filters.