At the beginning, the currencies had an equal exchange rate, but later on the value of the Slovak koruna was up to 30% lower than that of the Czech koruna.
What does SKK stand for?
SKK stands for Slovak Koruna (currency code)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SKK
We have 20 other meanings of SKK in our Acronym Attic
- Sri Krishna Jewelers (Garden City, MI)
- Suedtirols Katholische Jugend (German: South Tyrol's Catholic Youth)
- Surat Keterangan Jalan (Indonesian traveling permit)
- South Kingstown Justice and Peace Action Group (South Kingstown, RI)
- Singur Krishi Jami Raksha Committee (Telugu: Singur Anti-farmland Acquisition Committee; Singur, India)
- Saglig Kritik Klub (Danish: Unbiased Criticism Club; discussion forum)
- Seattle Kendo Kai (martial arts; Seattle, WA)
- Shaktoolik, Alaska (Airport Code)
- Shinwa Kaiun Kaisha (Japanese ship builder)
- Simple Kana to Kanji Conversion Program (Japanese translation software)
- Svenska Kennelklubben (Sweden)
- Shunryu Kempo Karate Academy (UK)
- Shotokan Karate Kanazawa Ryu International Federation (martial arts; UK)
- Sistem Komunikasi Kabel Laut (Indonesian: Sea Cable Communications System)
- Staatliches Krisen- und Katastrophenschutzmanagement (German: National Crisis and Disaster Management)
- Stanowisko Kierowania Komendanta Miejskiego (Polish: Position Control of the Municipal Police)
- Stichting Kerkelijk Kunstbezit in Nederland (Dutch)
- Standar Kompetensi Kerja Nasional Indonesia (Indonesian: Competency Standard National Working Indonesia)
- Seksjon Kirke Kultur Og (Norwegian trade union)
- Stichting Kwaliteitsbevordering Kleinschalig Personenvervoer (Dutch: Passenger Kleinschalig Quality Promotion Foundation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I can say that 16 is my lucky number -- today we became the 16th member of the eurozone, the Slovak koruna has worked for 16 years and I hope that the euro will be a success for much longer," Pociatek said.
SLOVAKIA Currency: Slovak Koruna Capital: Bratislava When to go: June and July are warm but wet.
Euro coins have much higher denomination than Slovak koruna coins.
Though substantially reduced, over half of SE's Slovak koruna (SKK) 45 billion investment program over the next five years, relating to construction of two new nuclear units, refurbishment of SE's existing nuclear plant, and environmental measures is concentrated in 1998 and 1999.
To achieve these objectives, the program emphasizes sustained fiscal consolidation, a prudent monetary policy (accompanied by market-determined interest rates) and wage restraint, with the exchange rate of the Slovak koruna continuing to serve as a nominal anchor.
A 10 percent devaluation of the Slovak koruna in July 1993, supported by continued wage restraint and a flexible exchange rate policy under the program, is envisaged to facilitate an improvement in Slovakia's external payments position.
From a currency perspective, the US dollar weakened against most major currencies, and also against emerging market currencies such as the Thai baht, Turkish lira, Polish zloty, Russian ruble and Slovak koruna.