Chip" Grayson created the Fire Ant Coolant formula with the help of two marine scientists from the Skidaway Institute of Oceanography.
What does SIO stand for?
SIO stands for Skidaway Institute of Oceanography
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SIO
We have 98 other meanings of SIO in our Acronym Attic
- Senior International Officer (various organizations)
- Senior Investigation Officer (UK)
- Serial Input/Output
- serious inquiries only
- Service Information Octet (SS7)
- Service Inventory Optimization (software)
- Services in Operation
- Shanghai Informatization Office
- Ship's Information Officer (US Navy)
- Simultaneous Input Output
- Slave Input/Output
- Smart Input/Output (part of TEDS from IEEE standard 1451.1)
- Social Improvement Organization
- Social Investment Organization (Canada)
- Societas Internationalis Odonatologica
- SOGS Interface Unit
- South Indian Ocean
- Special Information Operations (US DoD)
- Special Intelligence Officer
- Spit It Out
Samples in periodicals archive:
Verity, an ecologist at the Skidaway Institute of Oceanography in Savannah, Ga.
Judges included Reed Bohne, Superintendent of the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Great Lakes Region of the National Marine Sanctuary Program and former superintendent of Gray's Reef; John Duren who serves on the boards of the Skidaway Marine Science Foundation and the Coastal Conservation Association of Georgia; Fitz Haile of The Creative Coast Initiative; Karen Grainey, president of Clean Coast; Stephen Hooten of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney; Mary Landers, environmental reporter for the Savannah Morning News; and Michael Sullivan, External Affairs Manager, Skidaway Institute of Oceanography.