Three grants of $200,000 per year for this year and the next three years were awarded each to Sitkans Against Family Violence, which serves Sitka, Kake and Angoon; Association of Village Council Presidents to serve Bethel and surrounding villages; and Kodiak Area Native Association to serve Kodiak, Port Lions, Akhiok, Karluk, Old Harbor, Ouzinkie and Larsen Bay.
What does SAFV stand for?
SAFV stands for Sitkans Against Family Violence (Sitka, AK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SAFV
We have 3 other meanings of SAFV in our Acronym Attic
- South African Foreign Trade Organisation (Sandton, South Africa)
- Safeguard Transportation System
- Sant Andreu Free University (Barcelona, Spain)
- Self-Adjusting Foul-Up
- Service Administratif et Financier Unifié (French: Unified Financial and Administrative Service)
- South African Flora Union (flowers)
- Students' Association of Flinders University (est. 1966; Australia)
- Under Secretary of the Air Force
- System All Fouled Up, You're on Your Own (polite form)
- Schweizerischer American Football Verband (German: Switzerland American Football Association)
- Society against Family Violence (various locations)
- South Australian Fruit and Vegetable Coalition
- Sexual Assault Family Violence Investigators Course
- Singapore Armed Forces Veterans' League (est. 1990)
- South Africa Film and Video Project
- South Africa Fashion Week
- Swiss Association for Wound Care
- Standard Air Force Wing Command & Control System
- Sindh Agricultural and Forestry Workers Coordinating Organization (Pakistan)
- Secure Air Force Weather Information Network (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Groups in Alaska that received a Wells Fargo grant last year include: the University of Alaska Anchorage, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Alaska Pacific University, Sheldon Jackson College, Alaska Native Heritage Center, Alaska Public Radio Network, Alaska Zoo, KAKM Public Broadcasting System, Anchorage Museum of History and Art, Catholic Social Services, Consumer Credit Counseling Service, Covenant House of Alaska, Fairbanks Community Food Bank Service, Homer Senior Citizens, NAACP, Sitkans Against Family Violence and Valley Performing Arts.