The farm is part of an area protected as a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI), which marks it as being in one of the most environmentally sensitive areas of Wales.
What does SSSI stand for?
SSSI stands for Site of Special Scientific Interest (under Antarctic Treaty)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SSSI
We have 30 other meanings of SSSI in our Acronym Attic
- Savez Samostalnih Sindikata Hrvatske (Croatian: Union of Autonomous Trade Unions of Croatia)
- Self-Sufficient Solar House (solar energy)
- Simplified SGML for Serial Headers
- Successful, Simple Simulation, Hassle-Free (education)
- Studying Social Sciences in Higher Education (University of Portsmouth; UK)
- Site Specific Safety and Health Plan
- Smithsonian Speech Synthesis History Project
- Stainless Steel Structural Hollow Sections
- Signatures, Sensors, and Signal-processing Integration
- Site of Special Scientific Interest (British Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981)
- Skin and Skin Structure Infection
- Soil Science Society of Ireland
- Solid State Storage Initiative (Storage Networking Industry Association)
- Steelman Software Solutions, Inc. (Ontario, Canada)
- Strategic Security Solutions International (Afghanistan)
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (India)
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences (Bangalore, India)
- Sites of Special Scientific Interest (UK)
- Silicon Sensing Systems Japan (various locations)
- Smart Start San Jose (education initiative; San Jose, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
TWO farming brothers who admitted damaging a Site of Special Scientific Interest will learn their fate next month.
The land team's work in restoring the Bleak House opencast site in Staffordshire has been given an accolade by Natural England, which has designated it as a Site of Special Scientific Interest.
His plans to place the back nine holes of his main 18-hole course here would decimate the links, designated a site of special scientific interest for four types of dune habitat: shifting dunes, fixed or grey dunes, decalcified fixed dunes and humid dune slacks, or hollows.
5 hectares of the 650 hectares of lowland heath, which is a Site of Special Scientific Interest and one of the few places in Britain where all six native British reptiles can be found.
Reigate Heath is designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI), one of the most important wildlife designations nationally, and a local nature reserve (LNR), as it is an important example of a lowland heath habitat, especially the acid grassland found there.
Ryton Wood site of special scientific interest, Ryton on Dunsmore; meet at a car park down a track off the A423 near the Bull and Butcher pub.
Butterflies and protected plants are normally found at a site of special scientific interest run by the North Wales Wildlife Trust on the edge of Wrexham.