[FIGURE 2 OMITTED] Panel A shows the outcomes of sister chromatid exchange (SCE) involving a ring chromosome.
What does SCE stand for?
SCE stands for Sister Chromatid Exchange
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SCE
We have 277 other meanings of SCE in our Acronym Attic
- Shadow Cliffs Engineering (Pleasanton, CA)
- Shamoon College of Engineering (Israel)
- Shell Chemicals Europe
- Short Channel Effect
- Short Circuit Edge
- Signal Conditioning Equipment
- Signal Conversion Electronics
- Singapore Combat Engineers
- Single Chemical Entity (pharmaceuticals)
- Single-Cell Electroporation (cell transfection)
- Smart Connection Enterprise (software)
- Sniffer Certified Expert
- Societas Cooperativa Europaea (Latin: European Cooperative Society)
- Society of Christian Ethics
- Software Capability Evaluation
- Sony Computer Entertainment
- South Coast Enterprises (Fullerton, CA)
- Southern California Edison Company
- STAAD Certified Engineer (structural design software)
- Standard Calomel Electrode
Samples in periodicals archive:
A study showed that people with exposure to environmental pollutants such as PAHs were associated with significant increases in carcinogen-DNA adducts (PAHDNA and aromatic adducts), in sister chromatid exchange including high-frequency cells, and in chromosomal aberrations as well as a doubling in the frequency of ras oncogene overexpression (Perera et al.
For example, morphine was shown to enhance the frequency of UV-induced sister chromatid exchanges (Shafer et al.
Sister chromatid exchange analysis For sister chromatid exchange analysis, bromodeoxyuridine (BrdU, 10 mg/ml) was added at the beginning of the culture.
3-fold increase in the mean number of sister chromatid exchanges (the number of crossover events in a chromosome pair), from 6.
Chromosome aberrations, Sister chromatid exchanges, unscheduled DNA synthesis and morphological neoplastic transformation in Syrian hamster embryo cells.
Teniposide also caused a dose-related increase in sister chromatid exchanges in Chinese hamster ovary cells and it has been shown to be embryotoxic and teratogenic in rats receiving teniposide during organogenesis.
Increased sister chromatid exchange (SCE) frequencies in lymphocytes from traffic policemen exposed to automobile exhaust pollution.