Because of the 50/50 beam splitter, each single-photon detector is observing both ensembles simultaneously, so there is no way of knowing which ensemble scattered the photon and the pair remains superpositioned and entangled.
What does SPD stand for?
SPD stands for Single-Photon Detector
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SPD
We have 332 other meanings of SPD in our Acronym Attic
- Server Product Divison
- Service Provider Domain
- Serving Profile Database (UMTS function of the Call State Control Function, CSCF)
- Severe Plastic Deformation (metalworking)
- Shenandoah Police Department (Virginia)
- Sheppard AFB (Wichita Falls, TX)
- Shimano Pedaling Dynamics
- Ship Project Directive
- Simultaneous Product Development (software)
- Single Programming Document (EU)
- Single-Purpose Device
- Six-Port (Phase/Frequency) Discriminator
- Skin Picking Disorder
- Smokey Point Distributing, Inc
- Society for Participatory Development (India)
- Society for Pediatric Dermatology (Indianapolis, IN)
- Society for the Physically Disabled
- Society of Publication Designers
- Software Planning & Development (Nintendo)
- Software Process Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
Single-photon detectors are also useful in a variety of optical and semiconductor test and measurement applications and in some areas of scientific research.
Semiconductor avalanche photodetectors (APDs) are the most promising single-photon detectors from both device performance and practicality points of view.
The team is now developing a new generation of devices harnessing the "spooky action at a distance" of quantum entanglement, and ultra-high-speed single-photon detectors.
The Q-Box Workbench can be supplemented with Q-Box RNG, a high-grade true random number generator, and Q-Box SPD, a single-photon detector for other quantum information applications.
However, to reach success in telecom wavelength quantum cryptosystems suitable for long-distance communication, there are several difficulties to be overcome, such as poor efficiency levels for the single-photon detector for wavelengths of 1300nm and 1550nm.