3) Contact lens options available for presbyopes include multifocal contact lenses, monovision, or a combination of single vision distance contact lenses with reading spectacles.
What does SVD stand for?
SVD stands for Single Vision Distance (optometry)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SVD
We have 77 other meanings of SVD in our Acronym Attic
- Silicon Valley Community Ventures (est. 1998; California)
- Spring Viremia of Carp Virus
- Silicon Valley Chinese Wireless Association
- Sexual Violence in Conflict Zones
- Schweizerische Vereinigung für Datenverarbeitung
- Segment Version Description
- Selective Vehicle Detection (UK, transportation)
- Signature-Verification Data (various organizations)
- Simplified Vapor Detector
- Simultaneous Voice/Data
- Singular Value Decomposition
- Singular Vector Decomposition
- Small Vessel Disease
- Smart Vision Device
- Snaiperskaia Vintovka Dragunova (Dragunov Sniper Rifle)
- Snowflake Vitreoretinal Degeneration
- Societas Verbi Divini (divine word missionaries)
- Society of the Divine Word (religious order)
- Software Version Description
- Software Version Document (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To give prior assessment of adaptation, it is advisable with RGPs, to fit single vision distance lenses first to see if tolerance will be achieved.
In this group the multifocal results were compared to the single vision distance Air Optix lenses matched to their habitual prescription.