The technology was tested with common military applications including tactical radios with heavy duty use profiles such as single side band (SSB) communication devices.
What does SSB stand for?
SSB stands for Single Side Band
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SSB
We have 317 other meanings of SSB in our Acronym Attic
- Sector Skills Body (UK)
- Self-Service Banking (various locations)
- Semi-State Body (Ireland)
- Service Selection Board (India)
- Service Separation and Blending (Laural Networks)
- Ship, Submersible, Ballistic (non-nuclear ballistic missile submarine)
- Short Selling Basher (message board posters who bash stocks to benefit their short positions)
- Short Sleeve Blue (US Air Force)
- Showroom Stock B (racing vehicles)
- Since Sliced Bread
Samples in periodicals archive:
It includes the following: Blood pressure measuring devices Paediatric beds (25) Paediatric mattresses (25) Dressing trolley (2) Open cot Incubator Ultrasound machine (portable) Single side band or VHF radio Prostheses Drip stands Drip counters Simple anaesthetic machines Monitors Ophthalmoscopes Thermometers Blood storage facility Defibrillator Medical books and journals CAPTION(S): D33231_1 HELP AT HAND.
5 picoseconds (ps) when output Single Side Band (SSB) is integrated between 12 kilohertz (kHz) and 20 megahertz (MHz).
The licensed patents cover all of Yanick's inventions in the hearing-aid field and apply, among other things, to: hearing aids with recruitment compensation; hearing-aid amplifiers employing selective gain control circuits; loudness contour compensated hearing aids having ganged volume, band pass filter and compression control; audio processors for use in high-noise environments; and hearing aids using single side band clipping with output- compression amp.