It is an easy-to-use, yet highly sophisticated service that seamlessly integrates email, fax, telex, GSM text, interoffice communication, and access for mobile personnel into a single messaging system.
What does SMS stand for?
SMS stands for Single Messaging System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SMS
We have 881 other meanings of SMS in our Acronym Attic
- Silverado Middle School (California)
- Simmons Middle School
- Simple Message Service
- Simulation Modeling System
- Sinaloa Middle School (Simi Valley, CA, USA)
- Singh Medical College (India)
- Single Machine Scheduling (engineering)
- Single Malt Scotch
- Single Member Sponsor
- Single Messaging Solution
- Single Mobility System (aggregates data from various transportation systems)
- Site Monitoring System (Lockheed Martin, Management and Data Systems)
- Skills Management System
- Sleep Management System
- Slot Management System
- Slow Moving Software
- Smart Materials and Structures
- Smart Media Solutions (various locations)
- Smart Mediary Systems
- Smedberg Middle School
Samples in periodicals archive:
The new IP (Internet Protocol) system is more cost effective and can access video cameras, introduce speech recognition systems and improved the Force's current infrastructure using a single messaging system, networked together to support over 20 sites.
In 1999, Lucent introduced a service provider messaging solution based on its Unified Messenger(tm) product, which combines voice, fax and e-mail messages on a single messaging system based on the popular Microsoft Exchange system.
Deployed on more than 10,000 vessels worldwide, AmosConnect integrates email, fax, telex and GSM text into a single messaging system for use onboard or in offices onshore.
Using Glenayre's enhanced services platform, Norigen will offer subscribers a single messaging system including advanced applications such as out-dial capabilities from the voice mailbox and a personal number service.