These data are isometric contractions using dynamic resistance training machines or for single leg stances.
What does SLS stand for?
SLS stands for Single Leg Stance (physical therapy)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SLS
We have 383 other meanings of SLS in our Acronym Attic
- Seville Luxury Sedan (car)
- Shared Laboratory Services, LC (hospitals)
- Shared Library Service
- Shawnigan Lake School (Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia, Canada)
- Side-Lobe Suppression
- Side-Looking Sonar
- Signaling Link Selection
- Signaling Link Set (ITI)
- Simracing League System
- Single Lap Shear (stress analysis)
- Single Line Service (US West ISDN)
- Single Logistics System
- Site Loading Specifications
- Sjogren-Larsson Syndrome
- Slovenska Ljudska Stranka (Slovene People's Party, Slovenia)
- Société de Livraison Spécialisée (French: Specialized Shipping Company)
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Society of Legal Scholars (UK and Ireland)
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (foaming ingredient)
- Softlanding Linux System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Disease specific and quality of life measures were more commonly used in the public setting, while private practitioners used single leg stance and stair climbing measures more frequently.
Balance control was measured in the pre- and posttest conditions by the moving area of a static single leg stance with eyes closed.
However, the current study used a single leg stance of the tilt table, clinically quite an aggressive protocol, which would clearly have effected torques much greater than those shown to achieve maximal range of dorsiflexion range in both normals and hypertonic individuals.
This is a functional test which uses a single leg stance while performing contralateral leg reaches for eight positions (anterior, posterior, medial, lateral, anteromedial, anterolateral, posteromedial, posterolateral).