DVB-T2 also supports single frequency network (SFN) operation, where neighboring transmitters can use the same channels, thus covering the planned areas with a network of low-powered, synchronized SFN transmitters.
What does SFN stand for?
SFN stands for Single Frequency Network
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SFN
We have 59 other meanings of SFN in our Acronym Attic
- Standard Federal Minimum Wage (Australia)
- Strategics Film Marketing Workshop
- San Francisco Marine Exchange
- San Francisco Model Yacht Club
- Santa Fe, Santa Fe, Argentina (Airport Code)
- Scale-Free Network
- Securian Financial Network (Securian Financial Group; St. Paul, MN)
- Server Fruehe Neuzeit (German: Server Early Modern Times)
- Ship & Facilities, Navy
- Short File Name (eight legal characters and a period)
- Sistema Financeiro Nacional (Portuguese: National Financial System; Brazil)
- Soccer Fans Network (website)
- Société Française de Néonatologie (French: French Society of Neonatology; Paris, France)
- Société Française de Neurologie (French: French Society of Neurology)
- Société Française de Numismatique (French: French Society of Numismatics; est. 1865)
- Société Française de Nutrition (French: French Society of Nutrition; human and animal nutrition research; Paris, France)
- Society For Neuroscience
- Something from Nothing
- Southern Forests Network
- Star Formation Newsletter (monthly)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The national TV networks can broadcast in digital either by using different frequencies for each market (a typical approach used with analog television transmissions in order not to cause interference in adjacent markets), or by using one frequency for the entire country (this is called the Single Frequency Network, or SFN, approach).
The single frequency network was used by the company for business travelers because it provided the widest coverage.
A third option accurately calculates the field strength of each incoming signal in single frequency network (SFN) environments.
LAS VEGAS, April 16 /PRNewswire/ -- NAB 2007 (Booth C2927) -- Rohde & Schwarz will premiere a "live on the air" demonstration of the Advanced-VSB tool, Single Frequency Network (SFN).
Patchy digital TV reception - yet another stumbling block Regional overview of broadcasters Government digital strategy plans - Government launches digital TV strategy - 2008 - Australian government launches digital action plan - 2006 - The Broadcasting Legislation (Digital Television Switchover) Bill 2008 Media reforms - Update - Background Technological environment - Digital TV standards - Single Frequency Network options for digital TV Related reports For more information visit http://www.
TANDBERG Television confirms leadership in Australian DTT with IP-based SD/HD head-end for multi-region Single Frequency Networks SYDNEY, Australia -- TANDBERG Television, part of the Ericsson Group (NASDAQ:ERIC), today announced that Special Broadcasting Service (SBS), Australia's multicultural and multilingual public broadcaster, has selected the company's IP-based iSIS 8000[R] head-end architecture for its Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) network.
SES AMERICOM sees a pivotal role for our satellite services in the distribution of national content and efficient mobile platform management, as well as for Single Frequency Networks," said Bryan A.