SXA Single Energy X-ray Absorptiometry relies on a very low dose x-ray source to measure the bones of the wrist or heel.
What does SXA stand for?
SXA stands for Single Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (bone density measure of wrist or heel)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SXA
We have 2 other meanings of SXA in our Acronym Attic
- Sussex (English County)
- Symphony X (band)
- System Extension
- Xaverian Missionary Fathers (religious order)
- Fiber - Short Wavelength Physical Medium Dependent (IEEE 802.3)
- Search and Altitude Determining Radar with Constant Sweep (US Navy)
- Sperry/Univac Unix for Unisys 1100/2200 Hardware/Software
- Saint Xavier Academy (Rhode Island)
- Sexual Abuse
- Sioux Army Depot
- Soft X-Ray Appearance Potential Spectroscopy
- Simple XML Application Server
- Scenix (PIC clone; basic language source file)
- Strasbourg, France - Entzheim (Airport Code)
- Super Extended Bus (computing)
- SVG’s (Scalable Vector Graphics’) XML (Extensible Markup Language) Binding Language
- Shipborne Expendable Bathythermograph