Following are chapters organized under two themes: single degree of freedom systems, and multi-degrees of freedom systems.
What does SDOF stand for?
SDOF stands for Single Degree of Freedom
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SDOF
We have 2 other meanings of SDOF in our Acronym Attic
- Supplier Declaration of Compliance (New Zealand)
- Supplier's Declaration of Conformity (also seen as SDC)
- San Diego Outrigger Canoe Club (California)
- Standards Development Organizations Coordinating Council
- Spectral Domain Optical Coherence Tomography
- Screaming Demons over Europe (flight simulator)
- Statistical Design of Experiment
- System Design for Operational Effectiveness
- San Diego Oceans Foundation (California)
- Semantic Depth of Field
- Simulation Data Output, Formatting, and Identification
- South Dakotans for Open Government
- Social Determinants of Health
- State Department of Health (various locations)
- Stichting Dienstverlening Ouderen Heerlen (Dutch: Elderly Services Foundation Heerlen; Heerlen, Netherlands)
- Sandra Day O'Connor High School (Phoenix, AZ)
- South Dakota Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition (all terrain vehicle advocacy organization)
- San Diego Office Interiors (San Diego, CA)
- Silicon Directly on Insulator (microchip device manufacturing)
- Steel Door Institute
Samples in periodicals archive:
There are certain challenges to this project, which include having a practical design that can be manufactured easily, to have a single degree of freedom, to control the pitch angle through the design, and to reach a mechanism that controls the flap within certain angle," Ahmed Talaat, one of the team members, said.
Nao has 22 simple joints, each with a single degree of freedom, and is typical of the bipedal soccer robots being built today.
In the thermal transfer analysis, each node has a single degree of freedoms and a certain temperature.
With illustrations, examples and case studies supplementing the text, Bottega starts with an overview of basic principles, including equivalent systems, springs in parallel and in series, elementary dynamics and complex numbers, then moves to free vibration of single degree of freedom systems, forces vibration of single degree of freedom systems in both periodic and non-periodic excitations, operational methods, dynamics of multi-degree of freedom systems, free vibration of multi-degree of freedom systems, forced vibration of multi-degree of freedom systems, dynamics of one-dimensional continua, free vibration of one-dimensional continua, and forced vibration of one-dimensional continua.
Effect of dynamic stiffness on vibration insulating performance In this section, a single degree of freedom system with a polymeric isolator is under study.
CHAPTER 3 BASIC OPTIMAL SHOCK ISOLATION: SINGLE DEGREE OF FREEDOM SYSTEMS.
Basic vibration Linear single degree of freedom system The simplest depiction of a vibration isolator is a linear single degree of freedom system represented by a mass supported by a spring and dashpot in a parallel combination.