Syed Qaim Ali Shah said that president of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari had directed to raise the status of Sindh Medical College to university level, while the other issues for further extension and expansion will be made as per need and requirement.
What does SMC stand for?
SMC stands for Sindh Medical College (Karachi, Pakistan)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SMC
We have 798 other meanings of SMC in our Acronym Attic
- Sheffield Motorcycle Centre (UK)
- Ship Service Motors & Controllers Manual (TMINS)
- Shipboard Maneuvering Calculator
- Siemens Management Consulting
- Siemens Matsushita Components
- Sierre-Montana-Crans (Swiss shuttle bus)
- Silicide Mediated Crystallization
- Simple Mail Client
- Simple/Medium/Complex (effort estimation)
- Simulation, Monitor & Control
- Singapore Mediation Centre (Singapore)
- Singapore Medical Council
- Single Mother by Choice
- Sintered Metal Corporation (Japan)
- Site Movement Coordinator
- Skill Management Code (Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace)
- Skilled Migrant Category (New Zealand immigration)
- Skyline Madison Campus (TriStar Behavioral Health Services; Tennessee)
- Släckmedelscentralen SMC AB
- Sleep Mode Connection (ATMF)
Samples in periodicals archive:
KARACHI, September 06, 2011 (Frontier Star): Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS) has announced Admission in first year MBBS & BDS (Session 2011) at Dow Medical College, Sindh Medical College and Dr.
The Sindh Medical College graduate, in her late 40s, who did her PhD in political science from Ireland in 1996 before moving to US for practicing, is of Mediterranean descent and reportedly lives in Gramercy Park, Manhattan, New York.
ISLAMABAD, March 22, 2010 (Frontier Star): President Asif Ali Zardari has said that he will take up with the Sindh Provincial Government the issue of up gradation of the Sindh Medical College to level of university in consultation with all stakeholders with a view to bolstering medical education in the Province.
In Urdu debates, first prize was awarded to Amna Akber of Sindh Medical College Karachi and second was given to Usman Abdullah of School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Sciences.
In the new policy, 45 seats have been reserved in two colleges Dove University of Medical and Health Sciences and Sindh Medical College for the students of interior Sindh, while 20 seats for the students of Karachi with 10 seats in Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences and 10 in Peoples Medical University Benazir Abad.
Seats in Dow Medical College and Sindh Medical College or in any other medical college of the province are not reserved, he said in his statement.
The President also recalled his meeting with the delegation of Sindh Medical College and where he had advised the provincial government to consider the possibility of starting double shifts and evening classes in medical colleges with a view to make optimum use of existing infrastructural facilities.