CAPTION(S): * A WINNER: Fresh baked bread - the best thing since sliced bread
What does SSB stand for?
SSB stands for Since Sliced Bread
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of SSB
We have 317 other meanings of SSB in our Acronym Attic
- Second Significant Bit (one bit next to the most significant bit)
- Sector Skills Body (UK)
- Self-Service Banking (various locations)
- Semi-State Body (Ireland)
- Service Selection Board (India)
- Service Separation and Blending (Laural Networks)
- Ship, Submersible, Ballistic (non-nuclear ballistic missile submarine)
- Short Selling Basher (message board posters who bash stocks to benefit their short positions)
- Short Sleeve Blue (US Air Force)
- Showroom Stock B (racing vehicles)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Maybe better, since sliced bread is no longer all that cool.
A Best Teacher Since Sliced Bread trophy pounds 500 to be spent on equipment for the winning teacher's school A Brace's picnic for the winning teacher's class Brace's sale and marketing director Scott Richardson said: 'Teachers don't have the easiest of jobs and often don't get the recognition they deserve.
Landsberg seems to think condoms are the best thing since sliced bread.
Witness such pitiful constructions as "the greatest thing since sliced bread," "we knew it from the git-go," "he's arguably the best quarterback since," "in excess of.
What you think the greatest invention since sliced bread is 3.
For a few years, I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread," says this soft-spoken geographer, "and then for a few years, they're saying, 'Who is this guy?
Quite simply it's the best thing since sliced bread (which is covered here too).