The Cambridge facility will now become the worldwide hub for SAFC's chiral service offering which ranges from Chiral Gas Chromatography (GC) and Liquid Chromatography (LC) Separations, to large scale crystallization, Simulated Moving Bed (SMB) Separations and production of enantiomerically pure Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs).
What does SMB stand for?
SMB stands for Simulated Moving Bed
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SMB
We have 160 other meanings of SMB in our Acronym Attic
- Server Message Block (protocol)
- Service Maintenance en Betonnière (French: Cement Mixer Maintenance Service)
- Services et Métiers du Bois (French: Wood and Trades Services)
- Session Message Block (Samba)
- Seven Mile Beach (Cayman Islands)
- Shanghai Meteorological Bureau (Shanghai, China)
- Shannon-McMillan-Breiman Theorem
- Shared Mailbox
- Shared Memory Buffer (VME boards)
- Shin-Marunouchi Building (Japan)
- Single-Mask Bumping
- Sinhalaye Mahasammata Bhumiputra Party (Sri Lanka)
- Små og Mellomstore Bedrifter
- Small and Medium Business
- Social Media Breakfast (networking)
- Société Médicale Balint (French: Balint Medical Society; est. 1966)
- Société Médicale de Biothérapie (French: Medical Society of Biotherapy)
- Société Méridionale du Bâtiment (French: Southern Building Company)
- Société Métallurgique de Bretagne (French: Metallurgical Company of Britain; est. 1926)
- Société Monégasque de Bureautique (French: Monaco Office Company)
Samples in periodicals archive:
of Arkansas) add discussion of biochemical processes to their earlier coverage of equilibrium-stage and mass-transfer models of separation process in the chemical industry, described in the first edition, and the separation processes of ultrafiltration, microfiltration, leaching, crystallization, desublimation, evaporation, drying of solids, and simulated moving beds for adsorption, which were added with the second.
The process performed by the equipment will use Simulated Moving Bed (SMB) technology.
The plant features a large-scale Simulated Moving Bed (SMB) unit in addition to conventional production equipment.
Combined reaction and separation are dealt with, including simulated moving bed chromatographic, pressure and temperature swing and circulating bed reactors.
In addition, AFC's other technology platforms include production of highly potent compounds, continuous processes and industrial-scale chromatographic separation using simulated moving bed chromatography (SMB).
Simulated moving bed chromatography (SMB) is a variation of conventional liquid chromatography, which provides continuous chromatographic separations, as opposed to batch separations, which account for the majority of chromatography systems.
Among the more colorfully named techniques are supercritical fluid chromatography, ligand exchange, simulated moving bed chromatography, and chiral crown ether stationary phases.