The historic city of Gondar sits at the foot of the spectacular Simien Mountains National Park, a World Heritage site and one of Ethiopia's most visited attractions.
What does SMNP stand for?
SMNP stands for Simien Mountains National Park (Ethiopia)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SMNP
- Shawnee Mission North High School (Shawnee Mission, KS)
- Swindon and Marlborough NHS Trust (UK)
- Santa Monica Networks, Inc. (est. 2002; California)
- Satellite Music Network, Inc.
- Statistical Mechanics of Neocortical Interactions
- Space-Mapped Neural Network
- Science des Matériaux et Nano-Objets (French)
- Singapore Malay National Organisation
- Specialized Mobile Network Operator
- Swiss Maritime Navigation Office (Basel, Switzerland)
- Stichting Mamio Namen Projekt (Dutch: Mamio Foundation Names Project; Suriname)
- Signal to Medium Noise Ratio
- Social Media News Release
- Spring Mountains National Recreation Area (Nevada)
- Single Maximum National Retail Price (South Africa)
- Sometime Next Tuesday (band)
- Survival of Motor Neuron 1, Telomeric
- Stuff Mom Never Told You (podcast)
- Southern Maine Novell User Group (University of Southern Maine)
- Standard Marine Navigational Vocabulary
Samples in periodicals archive:
In studying wild geladas in the Simien Mountains National Park in Ethiopia, researchers identified the leader and follower males, noted the numbers of females in all units; tracked individuals involved in unit takeovers; and noted all new births.
The Simien Mountains National Park is registered by UNESCO as a world heritage site and is home to three endemic mammals: walia ibex, gelada baboon and simien fox.