The Silicon on Sapphire (SoS) application could represent a nice upside for the happy few that enter the supply chain.
What does SOS stand for?
SOS stands for Silicon On Sapphire
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SOS
We have 837 other meanings of SOS in our Acronym Attic
- Shot on Sight (band)
- Shout Out Sunday
- Si Opus Sit (Latin: If Necessary; a prescription indication usually implies the drug is to be administered only once)
- Sibling Over Shoulder (chat)
- Sick of School
- Sign of Strength (Wyckoff trading theory)
- Signals Of Silence (band)
- Significant Other Strike
- Significant Other Support (various organizations)
- Signs of Suicide (prevention program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Peregrine Semiconductor has demonstrated the value of high quality, low cost ICs that only we can provide with our unique Silicon on Sapphire technology.
In the past, Silicon on Sapphire has been in high demand for use in space and military applications, but the cost and lack of high volume requirements of the market prevented the substrate from being readily adopted.
5um production CMOS and Peregrine's patented Ultra Thin Silicon on Sapphire, or UTSi(R), CMOS.
Being selected by QUALCOMM shows the value of our product and of the silicon on sapphire architecture," said Dr.
San Diego-based Peregine Semiconductor has been shipping silicon on sapphire since last year.